19
Sun, Aug
0 New Articles

GFA officials haven’t fled Ghana over Anas’ ‘explosive video’

The FA President has been in the limelight in recent times following his fallout and subsequent expulsion of Vice President of the FA, George Afriyie.

Local Sports
Typography
  • Smaller Small Medium Big Bigger
  • Default Helvetica Segoe Georgia Times

President of the Ghana Football Association, Kwesi Nyantakyi, has rubbished claims that top officials of his organisation have started leaving the shores of Ghana in anticipation of a yet-to-be released exposé  titled Number 12, by investigative journalist Anas Aremeyaw Anas.

Veteran Journalist and partner of Anas, Abdul Malik Kweku Baako, has hinted that the investigative piece is explosive and has the tendency to paralyze the careers of politicians and key figures within the football domain.

So far as I know, no FA official has left the country over that. The only two people I know are out of Ghana at the moment is my good self and General Secretary Isaac Addo. Both of us are on official CAF duty. We are both returning latest by Thursday. Running football is not a full time job for the GFA Executive Committee so if someone travels to do his private business how does that amount to running away? For someone to suggest that we are running away is pure mischief,” he told Rosalind Amoh of Graphic Sports.

 

The FA President has been in the limelight in recent times following his fallout and subsequent expulsion of Vice President of the FA, George Afriyie.

The move has raised questions about his intentions to seek re-election in 2019 when his current tenure comes to an end, despite stating on record that he will not seek re-election.

Indications are that Investigative journalist, Anas Aremeyaw Anas’ next exposé, will be centred on the football sector and its links with politics.

Anas’ upcoming exposé to uncover rot in Ghana football – Kweku Baako

The Editor-in-Chief of the New Crusading Guide Newspaper, Abdul Malik Kweku Baako, gave this hint based on his sources, and said the exposé was going to be “an explosive mix.”

Kweku Baako was speaking on Metro TV’s Good Morning Ghana when the matter of  Anas’ next documentary exposé came up for discussion.

Anas has begun promoting the new investigative film simply titled ‘Number 12′.

The details of the documentary’s release have emerged on fliers and billboards, indicating it will be premiered in Accra on June 6, 2018, at the Accra International Conference Centre.

 

Source: citinewsroom.com