22
Thu, Feb
28 New Articles

Apoplectic Sulley Muntari has vociferously rubbished media reports claiming he has been arrested in Italy for failing to fulfill some financial commitments with his agent and has threatened to sue the newspaper that carried out the erroneous report.

Reports were rife in the Spanish media in the early hours of Tuesday, which went viral in Italy and Ghana that the superstar had been arrested with his vehicle impounded over big money problems with his former agent according to sports.es.

But the former AC Milan and Inter Milan star has furiously rubbished the reports and has hinted taken legal action against the source of the false story.

Muntari exclusively revealed to GHANAsoccernet that he does not know the source of the story and the reason for putting out such a damaging story about him.

“I am hugely surprised about where the story is coming from. I am taking legal action against the website immediately for defamation,” Muntari told GHANAsoccernet.com from his base in Italy.

The damaging report also claimed the 34-year-old is under investigation for alleged embezzlement after the Italian police seized his high-end vehicle, a Mercedes, valued more than 150,000 Euros, a claim the Ghana international has also denied.

Muntari who is determined to prove beyond every reasonable doubt to clear his name has asked his lawyers to sue the newspaper for damages.

Muntari, who recently walked off the pitch after a suffering a racist slur during a Serie A match for Pescara against Cagliari, appears to be have been in the media spotlight for the wrong reasons in recent times but the tough-talking midfielder suspects it’s a campaign to slur his image.

The Ghanaian made his debut in Europe for Udinese in 2002 and subsequently signed for Inter in 2007 before joining English League one side English side Portsmouth for

He joined AC Milan in 2012 as a free agent before being farmed out to Al Ittihad last year.

The intelligent midfielder signed for Pescara in January this year but terminated his contract this summer after the team failed to maintain their stay in the Italian Serie A.

 

Source: GHANAsoccernet.com

The Chairman of the WAFU Media Committee, Mr Albert Commey has admitted that attendance at the Ongoing WAFU tournament has not been at its best.

The patronage has been under expectation with some of the matches been poorly attended. Ghana’s game with the Gambia witnessed number of patrons though the stadium was not filled to capacity.

The Aduana stars CEO in an interview with the media this morning accepted the blame attributing to the low publicity of the tournament.

Hello good afternoon and welcome to the coverage of the Ghana 2017 WAFU Championship clash between the Black Stars of Ghana and The Scorpions of Gambia from the Cape Coast Sports Stadium.

 

Below is Ghana XI to play Gambia

 

Source: ghanasoccernet.com

Ghanaian born Nigerien defender - Kofi Dankwae

Ghanaian born Nigerien defender, Kofi Dankwae has said he is proud of his decision to play for Niger.

The robust defender who won the man of the match award for the Niger-Burkina Faso game said he has not regretted playing for the Menas of Niger.

Speaking during a post-match interview after the WAFU nations Cup game between Niger and Burkina Faso, Dankwae said he had come to prove his worth for the Nigeriens at the expense of Ghana.

Richard Commey

Ghana’s lightweight boxer, Richard Commey, has moved to 5th in the lightweight division in the latest International Boxing Federation (IBF) rankings for the month of August.

Commey last month was ranked 6th, but this time he has moved a place up.

The James-Town native last year fought for the IBF World lightweight belt but he lost via a disputed split decision to Robert Easter Jr.

The former IBF international lightweight champion two months ago signed a promotional deal with one of the best promotional companies DiBella Entertainment.

Ghana has announced its final squad for the 2017 WAFU tournament being staged in the Central region from September 9-24.

The Black Stars B will face Gambia in the opening match of the competition in one of the 8 preliminary round games.

The 18-man squad include five players from Hearts of Oak and three from Asante Kotoko.

Below is Ghana's 18-man squad for the tournament:

Goal keepers:Joseph Addo-1 (Aduana Stars), Felix Annan-16 (Asante Kotoko)

Defenders: Amos Frimpong-2 (Asante Kotoko), Emmanuel Ampiah-4 (Elmina Sharks), Samuel Sarfo-12 (Liberty Professionals), Vincent Atinga-5 (Hearts of Oak), Nuhu Musah- 3 (WAFA), Ahmed Adams-14 (Asante Kotoko)

Midfielders: Gideon Waja-8 (WAFA), Isaac Twum- 7( Inter Allies), Emmanuel Lomotey-18 (Dreams FC), Winful Cobbinah-10 (Hearts of Oak), Patrick Razak-17 (Hearts of Oak), Richmond Lamptey -( WAFA), Thomas Abbey-6 (Hearts of Oak)

Strikers: Felix Addo-9 (Elmina Sharks), Stephen Sarfo-15 (Berekum Chelsea), Kwame Kizito-13 (Hearts of Oak)

More Articles ...

Sign up via our free email subscription service to receive notifications when new information is available.