Highlife veteran, Rex Omar, has reply critics who say he should retire from active music for the sake of the younger generation.
The 'Abiba' hitmaker who was wondering why he should stop music took to Facebook to mention his fellow African music icons who are still making it in music despite their advanced age.
1. SALIF KEITA is 68 and still active in music
2. ALPHA BLONDY is 65, and still very actively performing
3. RICHARD BONA is 50 and very active
4. ANGELIQUE KIDJO Is 58 and is very active
5. FREDDIE MEIWAY is 56 and very actively performing
6. BAABA MAAL is 64 years and very active.
7. EBO TAYLOR is 82 and is actively touring the globe.
"I, REX OMAR am 53, so please STOP asking me to leave the music for the so-called kids for creativity has nothing to do with age".
The GHAMRO boss, a multiple-award-winner famed for classics as Abiba, Tokota, Da Di Da Da, and Dangerous, as well as recent cuts as Nhyira and Hilife Agogo also stresses that creativity knows no age, and so cannot be forced to cease music.
Authoring and performing music for 35 years, Omar, 53, is currently on a “one month one banger” streak, publishing new material every month. His next offering, Why Where Who is expected to land next.